Our dental practice has a rich historical heritage in Forsyth County. In April 1946, Dr. A.Y. Howell, a young man from Boone, North Carolina, moved to Cumming. A graduate of Emory Dental School, Dr. Howell, established the first full-time dental practice in our county. His office was on the north side of the Courthouse Square in the offices located under the old gymnasium.
In 1956, Dr. Howell moved the practice to 324 Dahlonega Street. In 1978, Dr. Edward J. Rohmer joined the practice. Dr. Robert M. Joiner joined the practice in 1985. After Dr. Robert M. Joiner purchased the practices of Dr. Rohmer and Dr. Miller, the practice was relocated to 336 Dahlonega Street. At this time, the practice became known as Advanced Dental Associates. Dr. Scott Henderson joined Advanced Dental Associates in 1998 and Dr. Deborah Porres became an associate in 2004. Dr. Kenneth Wyatt became an associate in 2014. Dr. Brodie Orr joined the practice in 2021. Advanced Dental Associates continues to grow with the community and now calls the Centre Court Professional Building here in Cumming home.